Oscar-winning screenwriter John Ridley’s long-awaited biopic of rock and roll legend Jimi Hendrix is finally coming to theaters in September, and the first trailer for Jimi: All Is By My Side made its online debut this week.
Chronicling a year in the life of the rock icon, All Is By My Side was written and directed by Ridley and features former Outkast co-founder Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix. The film made its festival debut last year, but has been mired in some behind-the-scenes issues surrounding the licenses to music performed by Hendrix.
The film follows Jimi Hendrix’s evolution from unknown backup guitarist playing New York City clubs to household name over the course of a year in his life that spanned 1966-1967 and saw him traveling from the U.S. to London, where he became a rising star in the music scene there.
Imogen Poots, Hayley Atwell, Burn Gorman, and Ruth Negga join Andre 3000 (a.k.a. Andre Benjamin) in the cast of the film, which hits theaters September 26.
You can watch the trailer below:
- Who will be the last Jedi? Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ so far
- Everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far