Warning: Major spoilers ahead, including newer episodes from The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, and The 100, as well as older moments from Mad Men, The Wire, 24, Lost, Dexter, House of Cards, Lost and The Sopranos. Read on at your own risk.
A few weeks in, and the Internet is still reeling over the vicious killings of both Glenn (Steven Yuen) and Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) in the season 7 premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead. The deaths were so horrendous and so graphic, that the Parents Television Council is calling for a higher rating for the show, and even deeming the content unsuitable for primetime.
But let’s face it: if you tune in to a show about zombies, you must know that brutal and gory death scenes are par for the course. While the two Walking Dead deaths were unquestionably horrific, they join a long list of other haunting television deaths that were either comparably gruesome in nature, or equally mentally unsettling.
With that said, here are 11 TV character deaths over the last decade that likely still send shivers down your spine.
- Swedish agency says Natural Cycles contraceptive app investigation is ongoing
- Pollen-dispensing, bee-attracting robo-flower is the coolest art project ever
- Spirit animals: 9 revolutionary robots inspired by real-world creatures
- The 10 best windproof umbrellas to help you weather the storm
- ‘Fortnite’ collides with ‘PUBG’ in this amazing live-action short