There’s been a lot of buzz developing around The Darkest Hour, the upcoming alien invasion film set in Moscow that pits humanity against a conquering force of invisible, energy-based creatures from outer space.
Summit Entertainment just released the first trailer for the film, and it offers us our first look at the invaders from space, the ease with which they dispose of human resistance (and a poor dog), and how the film’s main characters devise a way to sniff them out. (Does anyone else think those backpacks and guns look a lot like the Ghostbusters’ proton packs?)
The new trailer also provides a nice indication of the impressive visual effects we can expect from producer Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted) and director Chris Gorak, who have been receiving some early praise for their unique spin on the alien-invasion genre.
Opening in 3-D and 2-D theaters December 23, The Darkest Hour stars Emile Hirsch, Olivia Thirlby, Max Minghella, and Rachael Taylor.
That means that if you get tired of dealing with the family this holiday season, you can always head to the theater for some alien-battling carnage – which is always a nice option to have.
- From ‘Avengers’ to ‘Paddington’: These are our favorite movies of 2018
- Avengers 4 teaser trailer has finally arrived: Prepare for ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ turns Jemaine Clement into a creature of the night
- ‘Aquaman’ movie: Everything we know about it so far
- From ‘Avengers: Endgame’ to ‘Episode IX’: The most anticipated movies of 2019