Written and directed by franchise screenwriter Leigh Whannell, who wrote the first two installments of the series, the new film is a prequel story that unfolds before the events of Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2 and focuses on a different family plagued by a sinister spirit. The film’s relationship to the first two Insidious movies is uncertain at this point, though it does feature Wannell, Angus Sampson, and Lin Shaye reprising their roles as a team of paranormal investigators.
This time around, an apartment building appears to be the setting for a new set of scary events, with Dermot Mulroney and Stefanie Scott playing a father and daughter whose lives are upended by otherworldly danger. The film serves as Whannell’s directorial debut.
Insidious: Chapter 3 hits theaters May 29, 2015.
- ‘John Wick 3: Parabellum’ — here’s everything we know so far
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’: Everything we know so far
- Star Trek 4 in trouble as Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth take their Kirks and go home
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Everything we know so far
- ‘District 9’ director to helm direct sequel to the original 1987 ‘Robocop’