In the film, Christian Bale plays Moses and Joel Edgerton plays Rhamses II, with the former rising up against the latter, and the shackles of Egyptian rule, to lead 600,000 Hebrew slaves out of Egypt. Amid the backdrop of the horrifying biblical plagues, the two characters’ relationship is tested — with one following orders from his god and the other believing himself to be a god.
Written by Bill Collage, Adam Cooper, Steven Zaillian, and Jeffrey Caine, Exodus: Gods and Kings hits theaters December 12. Along with Bale and Edgerton, the film also stars Aaron Paul, John Turturro, Sigourney Weaver, and Ben Kingsley.
You can watch the final trailer for the film at the top of this post, and several recently released television spots below:
- 15 epic sci-fi novels you should read before they become blockbuster films
- 13 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Glass,’ ‘Mortal Engines,’ ‘Pet Sematary’ and more
- The best movies on HBO right now (October 2018)
- Watch Christian Bale become Dick Cheney in trailer for ‘Vice’ biopic