The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, the second chapter of Peter Jackson’s adaptation of the famous J.R.R. Tolkien story, concluded in fiery fashion with Bilbo Baggins and the dwarves challenging the great dragon Smaug for control of Lonely Mountain. The fighting is far from over, though, as the final trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies makes abundantly clear.
Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema debuted the final trailer for the third installment of The Hobbit trilogy, and the footage offers a glimpse of the carnage set to unfold as the various races of Middle-earth face a choice between fighting amongst each other or uniting against a far more dangerous enemy. With the dwarves prepared to defend their home against any perceived threat from man, elf, or orc, Bilbo (Martin Freeman) is caught between the various factions vying for control of the mountain.
The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies arrives in both standard and IMAX 3D theaters December 17.
Along with Freeman, the film stars Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch (as the voice of Smaug), Stephen Fry, Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, Orlando Bloom, Manu Bennett, Billy Connolly, Sylvester McCoy, and Aidan Turner.
- Avenged Sevenfold is down with Beach Boys covers, but not with going to Mars
- Casting call! Who should Amazon cast in the Lord of the Rings series?
- Everything we know about ‘The Walking Dead’ season 8 so far
- Catch up on the entire ‘Destiny 2’ story before playing ‘Curse of Osiris’
- Here’s everything we know about ‘The Predator’ movie