Machinima’s live-action webseries Super Power Beat Down has provided some impressive mash-ups of superheroes and villains brawling for fans’ entertainment, but the latest episode may be the best yet.
What happens when Batman finds himself up against Darth Vader and the power of the Dark Side? The answer — or at the very least, the outcome that fans voted for in an online poll — is found in this new, five-minute film.
Directed by Aaron Schoenke, the film puts two returning combatants in the Super Power Beat Down series, with Batman currently sporting a 1-1 record after a win against Deadpool and a defeat at the claws of Wolverine. Darth Vader enters the battle with a single win, having defeated Gandalf in an earlier episode.
Kevin Porter plays Batman in the film, with Damian Beurer as Darth Vader, David Baxter as the unmasked version of Vader, and Jon-Charles Cordery providing Vader’s voice.
It’s an impressive short film, and it’s no surprise that Super Power Beat Down is one of Machinima’s most powerful webseries, with an average of (reportedly) 1.8 million views per episode. You can watch all 14 episodes of the series that have been produced so far at the show’s official YouTube channel.
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- New Street Fighter TV show in development from ‘Assassin’s Fist’ web series team
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ review
- Otterbox celebrates ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ with three new phone cases