The first trailer for the upcoming Powers television series airing on the PlayStation Network debuted during New York Comic Con over the weekend, and now the footage has arrived online.
It’s worth noting early on that the series is clearly being positioned as a show for mature audiences, as the trailer (embedded below) features some pretty harsh language and adult situations. So consider this your Potentially NSFW Warning.
Based on thecomic book series by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, Powers follows a pair of homocide detectives charged with investigating crimes that involve superhuman abilities in a world where superpowers and people who wield them are relatively commonplace. The series stars Sharlto Copley and Susan Heyward as Detectives Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, respectively, and the cast also includes Michelle Forbes, Max Fowler, Adam Godley, Noah Taylor, Olesya Rulin, and Eddie Izzard.
30 Days of Night director David Slade (who also directed the Hannibal television series) helmed the first two episodes of the series, which will premiere on PlayStation Network in December 2014.
- Syfy debuts first trailer for ‘Game of Thrones’ author George R.R. Martin’s ‘Nightflyers’
- Will Robinson is in danger again in Netflix’s ‘Lost in Space’ trailer
- Splinter Cell’s Sam Fisher is sneaking his way into ‘Ghost Recon Wildlands’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- How to watch Amazon Instant Video on Chromecast or Android TV