Honestly, it’s difficult not to be intrigued by John Wick, the new film that casts Keanu Reeves as a retired hitman who gets back into the killing game after a bunch of gangsters steal his muscle car and (as the preview footage seems to suggest) go the extra mile by killing his dog. (Yes, you read that correctly.)
Directed by stunt actor turned filmmaker David Leitch, the film features an impressive cast that includes Willem Dafoe, Ian McShane, John Leguizmo, Adrianne Palicki, Bridget Moynahan, and Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy from Game Of Thrones). And did we mention that Reeves plays a hitman out to avenge the murder of his puppy? Because that’s kind of important, too.
The official synopsis for John Wick describes the film as a story set in New York City about an ex-hitman who “comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him.”
And while that’s all well and good, the prospect of hitman Keanu Reeves battling hitman Willem Dafoe while Ian McShane advises one or both of their characters is, well… so crazy it just might work.
John Wick hits theaters October 24.
- ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum’ — Here’s everything we know so far
- The ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum’ trailer has finally arrived
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Spider-Man,’ ‘John Wick,’ Ghostbusters,’ and more
- ‘Aquaman’ review: Jason Momoa delivers a film fit for the King of the Seven Seas
- From ‘Avengers: Endgame’ to ‘Episode IX’: The most anticipated movies of 2019