And if the first trailer for Big Hero 6 wasn’t enough to have you looking forward to November, the sizzle reel that Disney premiered during New York Comic Con should do the trick.
Based on the Marvel Comics superhero team that debuted in the late ’90s and had a brief run in its own solo series, Big Hero 6 follows a young robotics genius named Hiro Hamada who teams up with a group of other brilliant science and technology prodigies to thwart a supervillain’s plot to destroy the city of San Fransokyo. Hiro is assisted by Baymax, his lovably dim-witted (but loyal) robot pal.
The sizzle reel features the new song “Immortals” which was recorded for the film by Fall Out Boy.
Big Hero 6 is directed by Oscar-nominee Chris Williams (Bolt) and Don Hall (Winnie the Pooh), and features the voices of Ryan Potter, Scott Adsit, TJ Miller, Jamie Chung, Damon Wayans Jr., Genesis Rodriguez, Daniel Henney, Maya Rudolph, James Cromwell, and Alan Tudyk.
The film hits theaters November 7.
- Marvel’s Falcon and Winter Soldier to team up for a Disney streaming series
- Disney+: Here’s what we know so far about the upcoming streaming service
- How Netflix and Disney are fighting for the future of streaming: Kids
- Stan Lee has died: Marvel Comics icon and legendary creator dead at 95
- Loki, Scarlet Witch, more Marvel characters to headline Disney streaming series