Harry Potter fans now know exactly how long they’ll need to wait for each installment of the upcoming prequel trilogy Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them.
During a recent presentation for investors, Warner Bros. announced its upcoming slate of films, which includes scheduled release dates for each of the three films inspired by the “textbook” penned by Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling in 2001. The first film in the trilogy will arrive in theaters November 18, 2016, with subsequent chapters premiering in 2018 and 2020.
Specific dates for each film were not announced by the studio.
Set 70 years before the events of the Harry Potter films, Fantastic Beasts And Where To find Them will follow “magizoologist” Newt Scamander in his pursuit of magical creatures to study and catalogue. The first film — and very likely the sequels — will be directed by David Yates, who helmed the final four films in the Harry Potter franchise.
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them also marks the screenwriting debut of Rowling, who is currently penning the script for the film.
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’ review
- How VFX magic conjured the fantastic beasts of ‘Crimes of Grindelwald’
- Leaked footage suggests an open-world Harry Potter RPG is on the way
- Lifeprint’s Harry Potter printer adds motion magic to photos
- The best comedies on Netflix right now (November 2018)