Ween isn’t taking it easy when they reunite on stage in mid-February: The band plans to play an ambitious 94-song set — with no repeats — during their upcoming three-day reunion show in Broomfield, Colorado. Mickey Melchiondo, known by his stage name Dean Ween, shared the news by posting in the Ween Appreciation Society Facebook group, as reported by Echobase.
Melchiondo described the sets as “94 songs [with] no requests taken into consideration” and clarified that there will be no repeats in response to a fan question. As Consequence of Sound points out, the number breaks down to roughly 31 songs a night, minimum. It’ll be a treat for loyal fans, who haven’t had a chance to see the band on stage together for four years.
Ween was founded in 1984 by Melchiondo and his childhood friend Aaron Freeman (aka Gene Ween). The alternative rock band remained active for almost 30 years, developing a cult following along the way and creating so much music that putting together such a massive set list must have been fairly easy. However, Freeman decided to leave the band in 2012, which led to the two musicians taking on solo projects. Interestingly, their last show together was another three-night run in Colorado, and therefore the location of the upcoming reunion very fitting.
Fortunately for fans, the upcoming Colorado engagement, which takes place February 12-14, is just one of several performances on their schedule. (Repolishing all of those songs will come in handy.) Ween has updated its website to include still more tour dates, including Austin’s Levitation Festival in May and Manchester’s Bonnaroo Music Festival in June. The band’s current schedule of appearances appears below.
Ween 2016 tour dates
- February 12-14: 1stBank Center, Broomfield, Colorado
- March 4-6: Okeechobee Music & Arts Festival, Okeechobee, Florida
- April 14-16: Terminal 5, New York, New York
- May 1: Levitation Festival, Austin, Texas
- June 9-12: Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, Tennessee
- See how Nintendo Labo works in three new cardboard-filled trailers
- How to photograph lightning: Tips for getting the best shots
- Switzerland’s new air traffic control system to put drones, planes in same skies
- AMD is working on fixes for the reported Ryzenfall, MasterKey vulnerabilities
- Video Assistant Referee technology set to call the shots at World Cup 2018