Thanks to point-of-view action cams like ones from GoPro, users have submitted not only awesome footage, but also gnarly, close-call ones like this from BASE jumper Thayer Healey, who goes by the username of Subterminallyill on Vimeo. After taking the leap off a cliff called “Wall Street” in Moab, Utah, on November 24, something must have went wrong (Healey said it was equipment failure) and Subterminallyill slammed into the wall after pulling his parachute, sending him tumbling to the ground – all caught on video with the GoPro cam on his helmet.
While he is fine (obviously he’s doing OK if he was able to upload the footage to Vimeo), he suffered “compression fracture of the T12 vertebra, five stitches to the eye, six stitches to the chin, severely sprained back, wrist and hand, multiple bruised areas,” yet spent just a day in the hospital. Amazing yet scary footage, let’s hope his next video wouldn’t be shot under such terrifying circumstances.
- The best video-editing apps for iOS and Android
- Amazon discounts these Campark, Apeman, and Garmin action cameras by up to $122
- Best Cheap GoPro Deals for February 2020: GoPro Hero 8 Black, Max, and more
- The best video cameras of 2020
- Amazon and Best Buy cut up to $110 off these flagship action cameras