Nothing says "Happy Birthday" like jewelry, right?
Canon apparently agrees: the company’s ELPH camera line is turning 10 years old, and in celebration the company plans to roll out a sweepstakes on its PowerShot Web site which will give 10 winners customized, jewel-encrusted Canon PowerShot Digital ELPH cameras created by the NYC Peach design team.
In addition, each winner and a guest will be brought to New York City for VIP, private seating treatment at the Z100’s Jungle Ball 2006 on December 15, 2006 at Madison Square Garden. Winners will receive round trip airfare, deluxe hotel accommodations, plus a limo to and from the concert: the winners will also by hosted by on of te concert performers at a pre-show event.
Canon also plans to give away five more jeweled ELPHs on January 9, 2007, in Las Vegas to benefit the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Contest registration will go live on the PowerShot site in late October.
- Canon stacks on features to Powershot cameras with better burst, new sensors
- Hotel chain offers an Instagram ‘sitter’ who will post photos for you
- Canon crams more resolution and speed in the 65x zoom PowerShot SX70 HS
- Canon finally makes 4K mainstream with the $400 40x zoom PowerShot SX740
- With a sensor pulled from DSLRs, Canon’s G1 X Mark III is as advanced as compacts get