If Snapchat isn’t working for you right now, you’re not the only one.
On Wednesday morning, Snapchat users began reporting on Twitter and Downdetector that Snapchat is down for them. We were also able to confirm with our own devices that Snapchat appears to be having issues.
According to Downdetector’s Snapchat outage page, there have been around 1,180 Snapchat user reports of the outage so far. The problems that users are reporting seem to be almost evenly split among the following issue categories on Downdetector: Server connection, Login, and App. On our end, we noticed that the Stories feed seems unable to be refreshed.
While a fix hasn’t yet ben released, Snapchat has tweeted with a reply that at least shows that it’s aware of the problem:
Thanks for letting us know, we’re looking into this!
— Snapchat Support (@snapchatsupport) August 10, 2022
The problems people have been reporting have continued to change since the original issues began. At the time, three issue categories on DownDetector had similar percentages, but now, it heavily favors “Server connection” and “App.”
This is a developing story. Once we know more, we’ll update this article.
- What is ChatGPT Plus? Everything we know about the premium tier
- Twitter will soon be a bit less irritating for many people
- Thanks to Tapbots’ Ivory app, I’m finally ready to ditch Twitter for good
- Twitter’s downfall made me look for alternatives, but they just made it worse
- What does the lock mean on Snapchat?