On Tuesday, the Tinder team announced the introduction of the popular dating app to your home theater, noting, “It’s the same dynamite swiping experience you know and love — just bigger, better, and streaming live from your living room.” Rather than using your finger to swipe left or right across a small five-inch screen, you can now use a swipeable remote control and check out your matches in HD.
So how do you actually go about swiping? Tinder says all you need to do is go to the App Store on your Apple TV and download the app, then follow the on-screen instructions to log in. From there, all you need to do is start judging, er, swiping. By clicking the trackpad, you can view details about a particular profile, whereas swiping left, right, and up on the trackpad will have the same effect as it would on your phone (so pass, like, or super like, respectively). And if you’re a Tinder Plus subscriber, you can shake the remote if you want to rewind a swipe.
When you’ve had your fill of swiping, simply sign out and hand over the remote to someone else.
- TikTok should be expelled from app stores, senator says
- Apple’s MLS Season Pass is about more than just streaming games
- Is there a Sling TV free trial? Here’s what you need to know
- BluOS will be updated to 4.0 with a fresh look, new features
- Twitter will soon be a bit less irritating for many people