Electronics shoppers in the UK probably noticed that Best Buy stores there were closed down over the weekend. Actually, they probably didn’t notice, and that’s the problem that the retailer will address when it shuts down its UK operations less than two years after it arrived there.
The news comes by way of the Best Buy UK website, which notes that the stores were shuttered this weekend in preparation for a Closing Down sale that will see savings of 10 to 30 percent on all products, either in-store or online. The deals kick off tomorrow when the UK stores re-open.
An open letter posted on the store’s website pins the decision to the “outcome of our employee consultation.” Little else of substance is revealed, though the letter also notes that Best Buy’s UK operations will cease on January 15, 2012.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 review: Finally, a good Android 2-in-1
- HP Pavilion x360 14 (2019) review
- Common Chrome OS problems, and how to fix them
- Don’t just survive Black Friday, conquer it with this morally depraved gear guide
- The best smartphones for 2019