If you own a Motorola Droid 2, you might be wise to keep an eye on it. Aron Embry of Cedar Hills, Texas, had to get four stitches in his left ear after his two-day old Droid 2 exploded during a call, he claims. Fox4 in Dallas Fort-Worth picked up the story.
“I heard a pop,” he said. “I didn’t feel any pain initially. I pulled the phone down. I felt something dripping. I realized that it was probably was blood. I went into the house and as I got into the bathroom and once I got to the mirror and saw it, it was only then I kinda looked at my phone and noticed the screen had appeared to burst outward.”
Oddly, instead of investigating what happened to the phone or going to the hospital, Embry went to see his wife at a local school where she works. She called 911. “My first thought was oh my gosh he’s been in a car wreck. It looked like his neck had been cut because there’s so much blood everywhere,” she said.
We don’t know what actually happened, but it would be an odd thing to lie about. The phone is mostly intact and still works, Embry says. Either he accidentally caused the “explosion” or something within the phone’s screen to triggered the event. There are few to no documented cases of cell phones exploding.
Embry, for his part, praises the phone, but would like Motorola to help him with his emergency room bills. He does not have any health insurance.
- Forget 4K or even 8K. ‘Star Trek: Beyond’ editor says 6K is the future of film
- How superstar producer Swizz Beatz uses Instagram to push art, battle Timbaland
- A man’s Apple AirPods allegedly exploded while he was working out
- Super Bowl champ Reggie Bush never left football, he just went to VR
- Warriors coach tweeted message he meant to send privately, and blames iPhone X