If you’ve seen those Fiat commercials playing on TV with a glamorously-clad Jennifer Lopez dancing around and driving her own cream-colored Fiat 500, then you know that the “small but wicked” European car has made its way to the states. In a much more exciting turn for those who like the “wicked” descriptor, it appears that the 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth will also be making its way stateside after a big reveal at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The souped-up version of the 500 will reportedly feature a new 1.4 liter MultiAir Turbo, an Abarth-tuned brake and suspension system, and will be capable of 135 hp and 151 lb ft torque. As you can tell by its looks, the 500 Abarth is designed for racing enthusiasts, with both power and performance in the small, European-style package. No word yet on price, but we’re guessing it will be significantly more than the standard Fiat 500 price tag of $15,500.
- Fiat wants to transform the cheeky 500 city car into an urban Tesla
- ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum’ — Here’s everything we know so far
- Wicked Audio’s CES headphone lineup includes waterproof true wireless buds
- Yamaha’s MusicCast Vinyl 500 turntable spreads analog joy throughout your home
- The best gaming laptops for 2019