It seems Audi just can’t stop introducing new models to its already diverse and growing lineup, which is great because it means we get to scope out impressive concepts from talented designers looking to showcase their ability. As it turns out, that is exactly what we have here in the R9 concept.
Designed by Moscow State Technical University’s Vasily Markin, the R9 is yet another striking concept that showcases some of the raw automotive design talent scattered across the globe.
Drawing on inspiration from the luxury automaker’s past and present portfolio (from the orginal Ur-Quattro to the sleek new R8), the Russian design student created the Audi R9 as a brand new sport sedan intended to go toe-to-toe with the likes of the Porsche Panamera and the Maserati Quattroporte.
Of course the R9 being a concept means we won’t be seeing it on the streets anytime soon, but that hasn’t stop Markin from envisioning a front-mounted and fire-breathing V8 powering the imposing concept. Add to that Audi’s quattro all-wheel-drive system and we have nothing short of menacing, yet stylish, saloon that does the four-ringed brand proud.
- Audi funnels its racing heritage into an electric supercar concept
- How Audi took its ambitious e-tron concept from dream to driveable
- 2019 Audi TTS first drive review
- You’ll need $68,000 to land a tech-rich 2019 Audi A7 in your driveway
- Audi is finally taking the wraps off its Tesla-fighting e-tron electric SUV