The Frankfurt Auto Show, which happens only ever other year, is just around the corner, and the latest and greatest from the European automotive world will be on display there in mid-September.
The sketched beauty you see above is believed to be the refreshed 2016 Audi A8, which will be debuting in Frankfurt next month – according to Autocar.
While the front and rear fascias will be updated, most of the changes will be found underneath the re-worked bodywork, including engine modifications – likely for both power and efficiency.
On the technical front, the 2016 A8 will receive Audi’s LED Matrix Beam lighting system for the first time. Sadly for us Americans, however, we will not see the innovative lighting technology, as it is technically illegal – at the moment. Audi assures us, however, that it is working closely with federal regulators to tweak the law to allow the new lighting tech.
Audi is likely scrambling to keep up with the all-new 2014 Mercedes S-Class, which debuted in May. Will mild tweaks to the aging A8 steer buyers away from Mercedes showrooms? We’ll have to see.
Audi promises the official pictures of the refreshed A8 will be revealed next Wednesday so be sure to check back for official photos and details.
- 2019 Audi A8 first drive review
- Are European-style self-dimming and glare-free headlights coming to the U.S.?
- Mercedes-Benz Digital Light LED headlights display messages on the road
- Volkswagen’s next-generation lights will keep you safer, look good doing it
- These headlights have 4 color settings to help save lives under all conditions