The Ford Shelby GR-1 concept car is quite simply a beautiful piece of automotive excellence and design. Based and inspired by the Ford GT and the Shelby Daytona Coupe, the GR-1 features a front-engine 6.4 liter all-aluminum V10 engine. The GR-1 is said to produce up to 605 horsepower and up to 501 lb ft of torque while using a 6-speed manual transmission. In actuality, much of the GR-1 chassis and running gear is based on the Ford Shelby Cobra Concept.
The very epitome of a concept car, Ford has no plans as of yet to push this into a production line, however if the GR-1 was to be commercially produced then Ford estimates a price of around $130,000.
- Infiniti Prototype 10 concept is inspired by classic race cars
- The past, present, and future collide in Mercedes’ EQ Silver Arrow concept
- Sporty electrified Infiniti Prototype 10 concept headed to Pebble Beach
- Learn how Ford trains the test drivers who develop its hottest performance cars
- Porsche goes rallying, and it’s not with the model you’re thinking of