The Ford Shelby GR-1 concept car is quite simply a beautiful piece of automotive excellence and design. Based and inspired by the Ford GT and the Shelby Daytona Coupe, the GR-1 features a front-engine 6.4 liter all-aluminum V10 engine. The GR-1 is said to produce up to 605 horsepower and up to 501 lb ft of torque while using a 6-speed manual transmission. In actuality, much of the GR-1 chassis and running gear is based on the Ford Shelby Cobra Concept.
The very epitome of a concept car, Ford has no plans as of yet to push this into a production line, however if the GR-1 was to be commercially produced then Ford estimates a price of around $130,000.
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will return in 2019, packing over 700 horsepower
- Trucks, muscle, and futurism: 7 Detroit Auto Show rides we can’t wait to drive
- Volkswagen’s electric I.D. Crozz will go into production in 2019
- Toyota’s low-slung concept car brings Le Mans technology to the street
- Smoke the tires with the top 10 American muscle cars