If you’re wondering what the most powerful Mercedes C-Class ever built looks like, cast your gaze above. The 2012 Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series borrows engine upgrades from the SLS AMG to bring the 6.2-liter V8 inside up to an astonishing 510HP and 457lbft of torque – enough to get the coupe up to 60mph in 4.2 seconds. All that power flows through an advanced seven-speed automatic that executes shifts in just under a tenth of a second. Despite the extra ponies, this is no stripped-down muscle car; it’s still a Mercedes inside, with sport bucket seats, an eight-speaker Audio 20 sound system with Bluetooth and USB inputs, and full climate control with air conditioning. The C63 AMG Black Series will go on sale in early 2012, but pricing hasn’t yet been announced.
- There’s a huge Black Friday sale on Thule roof cargo boxes
- This popular car jump starter is 86% off for Black Friday
- Part plug-in, part dragster, the Mercedes-AMG GLC63 is an SUV of many faces
- Mercedes-AMG EQE SUV first drive review: a better electric SUV
- 2024 Mercedes-AMG S63 E Performance first drive review: high-performance plug-in