If you’re wondering what the most powerful Mercedes C-Class ever built looks like, cast your gaze above. The 2012 Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series borrows engine upgrades from the SLS AMG to bring the 6.2-liter V8 inside up to an astonishing 510HP and 457lbft of torque – enough to get the coupe up to 60mph in 4.2 seconds. All that power flows through an advanced seven-speed automatic that executes shifts in just under a tenth of a second. Despite the extra ponies, this is no stripped-down muscle car; it’s still a Mercedes inside, with sport bucket seats, an eight-speaker Audio 20 sound system with Bluetooth and USB inputs, and full climate control with air conditioning. The C63 AMG Black Series will go on sale in early 2012, but pricing hasn’t yet been announced.
- The 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S will be priced in the U.S. at $106,950
- 2019 Mercedes G63 exists at intersection of brute force and finesse
- Mercedes-AMG may hire Linkin Park to develop electric car sounds
- These Mercedes-AMG wagons are the crossover cure you’ve been waiting for
- This 3,000hp Mercedes-AMG/Cigarette Racing boat is the supercar of the sea