The orange Mark IV is far from stock, as The Shark Shop in El Segundo, California fitted it with a full roll cage, a Bomex body kit, an APR wing, Dazz alloy wheels with Yokohama tires, and a tuner-friendly interior. Of course, we can’t forget the two bottles of nitrous oxide in the back, which seemed to magically manipulate the space-time continuum when activated in the movie.
In 1993, the Supra’s naturally-aspirated inline-six (no, they didn’t use the turbo model) channeled 220 horsepower through a five-speed manual transmission.
In case you were living under a rock for the last couple months, the most recent entrant in The Fast & Furious franchise did pretty well.
As of May 19th, Furious 7 has pulled in over $1.4 billion dollars worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film of 2015 and the fourth-highest grossing film of all time. I suppose that’s what happens when you throw a Lykan HyperSport through not one, not two, but three skyscrapers in Abu Dhabi. This is a film that knows exactly what it is.
Despite Paul Walker’s passing, a sequel to Furious 7 is a foregone conclusion, and Dwayne Johnson recently confirmed he will return. As a side note, if the film isn’t titled F8 with ridiculous ‘fate’ taglines, I will be very disappointed.
- Fast and Furious fans get revved up: Toyota’s Supra sports car is back
- Sibling rivalry: 2019 BMW Z4 takes on the 2020 Toyota Supra
- See the hotly anticipated 2020 Toyota Supra in motion before its unveiling
- Muscle cars, trucks, and EVs roared into the subdued 2019 Detroit Auto Show
- ‘Black Panther 2’: Everything we know about the sequel so far