You might say there’s never been a better time to buy a Mac. Resellers like Best Buy are dropping prices to attract business, up to $100 on a Macbook. Now Apple is fighting back to get its share of that business.
Apple store managers have been told to match all reseller discounts. According to a blog report on ifoAppleStore, they’ve been instructed to match any other price as long as the customer brings in an ad to prove that lower price.
The offer only applies to selected laptops and marks a first for Apple, which has a history of never offering discounts, except on Black Friday. There will also be a special iPhone 3G gift card. Some Apple stores are set to open as early a 3 a.m. tomorrow.
- Best Buy drops its price for the MacBook Air to as low as $650
- Why the internet dooms the sneaker industry as much as it helps it
- Best Buy to close down all 250 of its U.S. mobile phone stores
- Best Buy doubles down on sale offers with up to $400 off MacBook Pros
- Who’s to blame for the GPU pricing crisis? Everyone