You might say there’s never been a better time to buy a Mac. Resellers like Best Buy are dropping prices to attract business, up to $100 on a Macbook. Now Apple is fighting back to get its share of that business.
Apple store managers have been told to match all reseller discounts. According to a blog report on ifoAppleStore, they’ve been instructed to match any other price as long as the customer brings in an ad to prove that lower price.
The offer only applies to selected laptops and marks a first for Apple, which has a history of never offering discounts, except on Black Friday. There will also be a special iPhone 3G gift card. Some Apple stores are set to open as early a 3 a.m. tomorrow.
- Here are the best Memorial Day sales for brand-name home appliances
- Best Buy is knocking $50 off the Apple Watch Series 3 for a short time
- Google offers giant discounts on speakers and phones during its summer sale
- Save $50 on the Apple Watch Series 3 with Best Buy’s Black Friday in July sale
- The best sites and services for streaming movies and TV online