Microsoft’s Build 2017 day one keynote focused mostly on platforms, projects, coding, and other matters that are over the everyday user’s head. Day two, however, promises to focus on more immediately interesting matters, such as Windows 10 and Windows Mixed Reality.
The day two keynote starts at 8:30AM, and you can watch it right here.
- When the stream starts, it will appear at the top of this page.
- Microsoft has its main Build 2017 portal, where the main events will be live-streamed.
- Microsoft’s video site, Channel 9, will host the keynote live-streams along with the various Build sessions.
- Microsoft has apps for Windows 10, iOS, and Android.
We’ve already covered what we expect Microsoft to highlight at Build 2017, and here is a quick list of the topics we think will take front and center at the event.
- Windows Mixed Reality: Microsoft has built virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR) functionality into Windows 10 and its partners are making low-cost headsets for delivery this holiday season. Expect Windows Mixed Reality to receive significant attention.
- Windows 10: Redstone 3, Windows 10 S, Universal Windows Platform, and Project Centennial are all central to Microsoft’s various strategies and are likely to be covered in both the keynotes and in various sessions.
If you are hoping to see new Surface hardware at Build 2017, then you are likely to be disappointed. However, everything else that is interesting about Microsoft is likely to get at least some coverage over the event’s three information-packed days.