IoGear, a maker of computer peripherals, today announced a device for Apple’s new Mac minis. The new MiniView USB KVM Switch is priced at $129.95 and should be available now.
The MiniView USB KVM Switch, said IoGear, stacks directly under the Mac mini and sports four USB ports which can be connected to four USB computers for sharing of one set of monitor, keyboard and mouse with speakers. It has two built in cables and two additional detachable cables. Other features include a USB â€œsniffingâ€ technology which reportedly reduces the delay experienced when switching between computers and assigning of special hot keys when using a PC keyboard to emulate special keys on Macs.
“With the launch of the 4-port MiniView KVM Switch, IoGear continues to turn existing computer systems into home entertainment centers,” said Miranda Su, vice president of sales and marketing at IoGear, Inc, in a statement. “As KVM switches emerge from the enterprise to the mainstream market, our goal is to enhance the digital living room with these affordable, cutting-edge devices. IoGear continues to introduce innovative new products that are compatible with today’s most established brands, including Apple.”
- Share the power and juice up your phones with the best USB charging hubs
- What is Thunderbolt? Here’s everything you need to know
- The best USB-C cables to keep your gadgets powered
- What is USB OTG? Here’s how to use USB drives and more on your Galaxy S9
- Apple’s first-generation MacBook is Amazon’s Deal of the Day