LaCie has new eSATA on the horizon, the Rugged eSATA—and the company says it is the first mobile external HD on market with a Power eSATA interface. LaCie says the new Power eSATA connector can get speeds up to 90MB/s and you can use it as a USB drive. The LaCie Rugged eSATA has 500GB and also is compatible with standard eSATA ports when connected up with the USB power-sharing cable.
“We are thrilled to integrate power eSATA technology into our best-selling Rugged mobile hard drive,” said Anne-Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. “This solution brings dazzling transfer speeds to customers on the go, while still ensuring compatibility with standard eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors.”
The LaCie Rugged eSATA will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting for $159.99 (VAT included).
- Built on a fast SSD, LaCie’s computer-free backup drive just got much better
- Screen-sporting LaCie DJI Copilot hard drive enables on-site backups sans laptop
- LaCie's lightning-fast hard drive will cost as much as a new MacBook Pro
- Your Seagate hard drive may be at risk for severe vulnerabilities
- Seagate says goodbye to Thunderbolt drives, LaCie will now carry the torch