LaCie has new eSATA on the horizon, the Rugged eSATA—and the company says it is the first mobile external HD on market with a Power eSATA interface. LaCie says the new Power eSATA connector can get speeds up to 90MB/s and you can use it as a USB drive. The LaCie Rugged eSATA has 500GB and also is compatible with standard eSATA ports when connected up with the USB power-sharing cable.
“We are thrilled to integrate power eSATA technology into our best-selling Rugged mobile hard drive,” said Anne-Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. “This solution brings dazzling transfer speeds to customers on the go, while still ensuring compatibility with standard eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors.”
- Screen-sporting LaCie DJI Copilot hard drive enables on-site backups sans laptop
- Digital Storm packs plenty of Nvidia GTX punch in its tiny Project Spark PC
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- Western Digital’s USB-C storage stick may be tiny, but its capacity is huge
- What is USB OTG? Here’s how to use USB drives and more on your Galaxy S9