Tag – You’re It! Online mega-corp Yahoo has purchased the social networking and bookmarking service del.icio.us. Terms of the agreement have not been disclosed, but Yahoo is expected to integrate del.icio.us’s tagging and community building technologies into aspects of Yahoo’s own online offerings, including Yahoo Search, recent photo-sharing acquisition Flickr, and Yahoo’s blogging services.
Del.icio.us is difficult to sum up in a sentence, but can be described as a site which builds community via collaboration and social bookmarking. Del.icio.us enables users to store and organize links to favorite sites, articles, music, and other online resources, and tag those items with relevant keywords and other attributes. Users can then discover similar and related items which are categorized using similar keywords, applying the community’s overall knowledge, opinion, and valuation to a wide range of online material. No more blind surfing from search results lists
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- Are you #stoked or #overit? The complete guide to hashtags on social media
- Pad your collection with the best free (and totally legal) music download sites
- The best iPhone apps available right now (April 2018)
- The 100 best Android apps turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades