Starting today, anyone with an Alexa-enabled device can get the latest and greatest headline from Digital Trends directly through Alexa. With the simple command, “Alexa, what’s in the news?” Alexa will list off the latest headlines from your favorite publications, including the biggest stories on Digital Trends. In addition, a card will appear in your Alexa app that includes links for further reading.
In order to add Digital Trends to your Flash Briefing, visit the Skills Store on the Alexa app, and enable the Digital Trends Skill. There are feeds available from numerous other news and media sources, too, such as NPR and BBC News. To manage your Flash Briefings, just open the Alexa app, navigate to Settings, then select Flash Briefing. From there, you can manage and reorder the content in your flash briefing.
You can use the feature on Alexa-enabled devices, such as the Amazon Echo, Tap, Dot, and FireTV, as well third-party devices like CoWatch, Pebble, Nucleus, Triby, and more.
- Digital Trends Live: Alexa updates, Uber’s self-driving cars, and more
- Amazon’s Fire TV Cube gets intercom-style Alexa Announcements feature
- Digital Trends Live: Alexa-enabled Billy Bass, ‘Gear.Club Unlimited 2’, and more
- Digital Trends Live: Alexa-enabled Billy Bass, ‘Gear.Club Unlimited 2,’ and more
- Amazon Alexa added a skill for Butterball’s annual Turkey Talk-Line