Now that it is official, be prepared to hear several people use play off the old Star Wars line “this is the droid you are looking for.” Just expect it (LucasArts owns the phrase “droid” and is leasing it to Verizon). Although unofficially leaked last week, the HTC Droid Incredible is now officially open to preorder, with a release date of April 29th.
The Verizon exclusive phone will sell for $200 with a two year agreement, or $530 without. The Android powered phone is run off of a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, features an 8-megapixel camera, and a 3.7-inch HD touchscreen.
Although the term “iPhone killer” has been so overused as to become almost a running joke amongst new cell phones, the early reviews have been positive, and the Incredible will compete directly with the Apple smartphone.
Check out our initial impressions of the Incredible here.
- The Razer Phone 2: Everything you need to know
- Garmin VivoActive 3 Music 4G LTE Verizon hands-on review
- How to unlock a phone on each and every carrier
- Google Pixel 3 XL vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 9 vs. OnePlus 6T vs. Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- October was a smartphone smorgasbord. Here are all the new releases you missed