Thinking about getting an e-Book Reader this Christmas? Your options may be limited. Apparently, e-Reader pre-orders and daily sales have been so overwhelming that now companies like Barnes & Noble and Sony will be sold out for the holidays. Sony announced earlier this week that many of its pre-ordered Daily Edition Readers will not be making it to the pre-orderer’s home this holiday season, and now it looks as if Barnes & Noble’s Nook will be having similar problems. According to the New York Times, Barnes & Noble says that its stylish new Nook may be completely sold out for the holidays.
To make up for this holiday sell out, the bookseller is giving out placeholder certificates to ensure hopeful Nook buyers of a device on the next round of shipments coming out around January 4th.
- Tricks of the trade: How to get free stuff on Amazon
- 10 Valentine’s Day tech gifts to warm hearts with cold silicon
- 100 awesome Android apps that will transform your tired tablet
- Bigger isn’t always better: Six of the smallest smartphones worth buying
- Is Alexa getting a big brother? Amazon is working on a secret home robot