Recently showcased on the showroom floor of CES, the Edge is a next-gen breathalyzer that quickly pairs with your Android or iOS device for smarter tracking in a variety of situations. The compact, palm-sized device relies on police grade fuel cell sensor technology and Bluetooth to do so, and captures your test history within an accompanying companion app. The revamped design is a welcome upgrade from the company’s last-gen model, one that utilized the audio port on your smartphone or tablet instead of Bluetooth.
With the newer model — which will soon launch on Indiegogo — you can quickly record and chart your BAC by simply blowing into its svelte mouthpiece. This allows you to gloss the effects of alcohol on your health and gleam insight on how your consumption changes over time. If need be, the companion app even lets you take advantage of your favorite ride-sharing services or scour your local area for a restaurant. Drunchies do happen, after all.
- Keurig Drinkworks Home Bar review: Your favorite bartender at home
- Laptop buying guide: What to look for in 2020, and what to avoid
- How to transfer your photos from an Android phone to a PC
- The best soundbars for 2021
- How to keep your phone or tablet screen clean and hygienic