Now is the time of year to pick up the very best bargains on electronics items of all kinds, with Black Friday deals discounting everything from computers to smartwatches. And one category you should definitely take a look at is drones, as these once-exclusive pieces of technology are now more affordable than ever. Whether you’re planning to shoot aerial footage of an area or event, or you just want to have some fun with friends or family while flying a drone outdoors, you’ll find great bargains on drones of all types in November.
One of the hottest sales today is a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom deal going on at Amazon. See more discounts below:
There are tons of different types, brands, and prices of drones out there. So how do you know which one to choose? When selecting the best drone for your needs, you’ll want to look at factors like video resolution and frames per second, extra features like video stabilization and obstacle avoidance, and also the weight of the drone. More high-end drones will not only capture better-quality video, but they’ll also be easier to control in the air, thanks to intelligent environmental sensors and more accurate inputs. This is especially important on days when it is windy and the weather is poor, as it will be harder to control a drone in these conditions. So think about what you want to use your drone for and whether you’ll be at the mercy of the weather when you’re flying your new drone.
Weight is an important factor as well, as drones that weigh more than 250 grams need to be registered if you intend to fly them in the U.S. Drones like the original DJI Mavic Mini and the newer DJI Mini 2 weigh in at just 249 grams, so they both make a great choice for those who want to start flying immediately and don’t want to deal with any paperwork. Alternatively, if you’re after the very best in video quality for professional-level productions, then a high-end model like the DJI Mavic 2 Pro or even the DJI Mavic Air 2 have features like environmental sensing, autonomous following of a subject, an outstandingly solid build quality, responsive controls, and an outstanding camera. Of course, all these features don’t come cheap, so higher-end drones will be pricey!
There are also a ton of affordable options available for beginner drone flyers. Brands like Snaptain have many well-priced, entry-level drones below $200, and you can find inexpensive models from respected brands like Potensic, too. The Potensic T25 or Snaptain SP650 are two examples of affordable drones that will still let you enjoy the fun of flying and capture video in 1080p quality, making them perfect for home and casual use. Should you buy a drone during Black Friday?
For any bargain hunters out there, Black Friday is the last major sales event of the year where you can get the best, most heavily-discounted drones on the market. If you don’t take advantage of these Black Friday deals, the next time you’ll see discounts as good as these will be in 2021. There’s no better time to start shopping these Black Friday drone deals than the present.
The old axiom, “If something seems too good to be true, it probably is,” always applies during sales like Black Friday. Retailers like to use these events to clear their shelves of old inventory, so that hot Black Friday drone deal that caught your eye earlier may be outdated by today’s standards and won’t have the features you really want in 2020. Don’t let the excitement of the sales (or pressure tactics such as countdown timers and “limited availability” warnings) get the better of your judgment. Feel free to add the item to your cart, but shop around and compare prices first before you hit that “checkout” button.
This is also why it’s a good idea to do your research by reading guides such as this one before you shop for Black Friday drone deals, so you already have a good idea in mind of what you want, what features to look for, and what actually constitutes a truly great bargain. This will both help you set a budget you can stick to while also arming you with the info you need to prevent you from rushing into a purchase you might be disappointed with later.
- Amazon Black Friday: Amazon has the biggest selection of drones, from entry-level to the high end. There’s almost any brand you can name available here, and some of the biggest Black Friday savings, too.
- Best Buy Black Friday: Best Buy has both drones and drone accessories on sale, including those from big-name bands like DJI, Protocol, and Ryze Tech. There are plenty of midrange and high-end options, and you’ll also find a few cheaper models available for the casual drone user.
- Target Black Friday: Target has a lot of sales going up daily for Black Friday, and you can find a couple of cheaper drone models being discounted right now.
- Walmart Black Friday: Walmart has drones and drone accessories aplenty as well, with a wide range of DJI drones and others that skew toward the high end. If you want a high-resolution drone from a well-respected brand, Walmart has a strong selection of great Black Friday deals already available.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Amazon Prime Day Deals 2021: When is it, and what can we expect?
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G review: A cheap phone that’s made to last
- How to watch a livestream of NASA spacewalk on Wednesday
- Space station photo attempts to convey satellite’s high speed
- PC Gaming Show: 3 can’t-miss games from the E3 livestream