No matter where you choose to work — whether the kitchen table or a dedicated workspace — a computer monitor is a tech essential. It’s easy to set up, efficient for faster workflow, and portable enough to move around anywhere. If you’re upgrading your work-from-home setup, there are a bunch of great computer monitor deals going on right now but you have to hurry because just as fast as its hitting the shelves, it’s going out of stock. And with Amazon pausing shipments on non-essential items it’s becoming harder to find them online.
With many people working remotely and remaining indoors, desktop monitors are a hot-ticket item. When it comes to buying a computer monitor, there is a lot to consider, but the main things are price, size, and connectivity. We’ve broken down where you can get a desktop monitor with choices that fit your needs, whether that’s connecting on Zoom for work or connecting on Xbox Live for gaming.
Computer monitors and screens for your laptop
Check different locations
Another strategy is to go online and use the “change location” feature to see if a store a little farther away (but still within a reasonable distance) has some stock. Best Buy and Walmart have quick in-store pickup. If you’re wary of crowded areas, Best Buy now has aoption.
Shop for alternatives
If you want to work with what you already have at home you can use your TV as a second monitor. You also have the option to use a projector as a second screen. If you don’t already own one there arethat can serve as a great alternative. And if you’re stuck inside anyway why not invest in a huge screen for binge-watching Netflix shows.
While major retailers might not have the specific monitor you’re looking for there are other online merchants that still have it in stock. If you shop directly on HP, you can order next-day delivery at the time of purchase. B&H Photo Video and Newegg might not be merchants that you think of when shopping for monitors but they offer competitive prices.or
Check wait times
If an online retailer is showing no supply, check to see if they’re going to be getting more soon.
Which monitor to buy
Further readings to help you choose the monitor that fits your needs.
- Best 4K monitors (for clear images and accurate color)
- Best HDR monitors (for bright and high-level contrast images)
- Best ultrawide monitors (for widescreen display and multi-tasking)
- Best curved monitors (for extra-wide entertainment or gaming view)
- Best gaming monitors (for ultimate visual experience for gamers)
- Best budget monitors (for low-cost quality monitors)
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- These were the most popular tech items during Cyber Monday sale
- Best Cyber Week Deals 2020: Last-minute sales to shop today
- Best Buy Black Friday deals: Sales to shop today
- These are the best cheap Alienware deals for January 2021
- Best Buy Black Friday sale: 4K TV, laptop, and phone deals