A first look at some of the stats from the slightly futuristic world of Fuse might lead you to think that the people of tomorrow are a bit careless. But let’s be honest, who hasn’t accidentally set a scientist on fire a time or two? Science is a demanding mistress, and these things happen.
In the near future alien technology has been discovered, leading to a new type of arms race. From that technological jump a new alien energy source known as “Fuse” is stolen. That’s where you as the gamer comes in.
Fuse is a four player co-op shooter that centers around a clandestine team known as Overstrike 9. While some might consider the best clandestine teams to be akin to ninjas or ghosts, it’s a video game, so you’ll blow up a whole lot of stuff. Check out our recent preview for a closer look at the game, and check out the stats above, which show a bit of the humor at work from the developers of the Ratchet & Clank series. The weapons, on the other hand, are reminiscent of Insomniac’s Resistance games. Those were great with the combat, but the humor in the post-apocalyptic landscape where humanity had mostly been exterminated was surprisingly absent.
Fuse doesn’t have an exact release date as of yet, but it is scheduled for a Spring 2013 release.
- MicroLED is the new hotness in TVs. But OLED isn’t going anywhere
- With CRISPR, geneticists have a powerful new weapon in the battle against ALS
- Apple’s iOS 11.3 update will (finally) open a window on battery life
- Microsoft pulls list of limitations on ‘Always Connected’ Windows 10 PCs
- How to watch this morning’s ‘super blue blood moon,’ and what you need to know