Assassin’s Creed: Revelations arrives in stores on November 15, but PlayStation 3 owners will have a chance to try out the game’s multiplayer a little bit ahead of schedule. A Ubisoft press release confirms that the beta will be coming to the PlayStation Network on September 3, with PS Plus subscribers and Uplay members getting first dibs on the content, through September 11.
The beta features nine playable characters: The Sentinel, The Vanguard, The Guardian, The Vizier, The Thespian, The Deacon, The Bombardier, The Trickster and The Champion. Three maps will be available (Knight’s Hospital, Antioch, Constantinople) in four of the game’s multiplayer modes (Wanted, Manhunt, Deathmatch and Artifact Assault).
Also new today is a sweet Assassin’s Creed Universe trailer from Ubisoft that covers the whole of the series. There is a long history of stylish, musically driven AC trailers, and this new one is no exception. You also get to see just how much work has been done on establishing the franchise as a potent transmedia property. From console and portable games to books, comics and film shorts, there’s likely at least one thing in here that you haven’t seen or heard of.
- Ubisoft backtracks, won’t drop $40 edition of ‘Rainbow Six Siege’ after all
- Get ‘Far Cry 3: Classic Edition’ for free with purchase of ‘Far Cry 5’ season pass
- These Raspberry Pi 3 bundles will cover everyone, from coders to gamers
- ‘Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’ headlines January’s free PlayStation Plus games
- Outkast set a high bar for hip-hop. Duo Rae Sremmurd wants to clear it