There’s a new Assassin’s Creed game coming out later this year, Revelations, a follow-up to last year’s Brotherhood that will close the book on Ezio Auditore’s part in the larger story. Meanwhile, Nintendo announced the Wii U console at E3 this year, and Ubisoft confirmed that development is underway on an Assassin’s Creed game for the new platform. It was pretty certain already that this Wii U game would not be Revelations, but now it’s been confirmed by Ubi CEO Yves Guillemot.
The confirmation comes from an interview Guillemot gave to the Swedish website Aftonbladet (translated via Eurogamer). He doesn’t say much on the topic, simply confirming that the Wii U title is not Revelations, but rather something “for the future.” He wouldn’t even comment on whether it’s Assassin’s Creed III or some other spin-off.
No surprises at all. Revelations is out this fall and the Wii U won’t be making a public appearance until sometime next year. There’s a good chance that Assassin’s Creed III WILL be next year’s release in the series. Even if it’s not, the game will almost certainly be a true Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo cross-platform release thanks to the new console. You can safely bet that the Wii U will be getting a lot more of those third-party AAA multi-platform games thanks to its Xbox 360/PlayStation-competitive hardware.
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One
- Have cash to spare? Pick up this $500 Assassin’s Creed figurine
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ will soon offer New Game+ mode
- ‘Creed II’ casting sets up second-generation feud with Ivan Drago’s son
- For ‘Black Panther’ star Michael B. Jordan, Killmonger isn’t just another villain