The Fire Emblem series remained obscure to North American audiences until 2001, when the characters Roy and Marth carved up the competition in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Ever since, the tactical role-playing series has been a worldwide phenomenon, mixing deep storytelling and tough-as-nails combat that tests the limits of every player’s patience and strategic skill.
Over the years, Nintendo and developer Intelligent Systems have released games on everything from the Game Boy Advance to mobile phones, and most of them have retained what made the series great. We ranked all tactical role-playing Fire Emblem games released in North America, and a clear winner emerged.
- The best Nintendo Switch games for 2023
- This trick saves you $30 on a Nintendo Switch OLED
- The best upcoming PS5 games: 2023 and beyond
- One of the best gaming laptops you can buy is $550 off at Best Buy
- The best gaming PCs for 2023: Dell, Origin, Lenovo, and more