The Fire Emblem series remained obscure to North American audiences until 2001 when the characters Roy and Marth carved up the competition in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Ever since, the tactical role-playing series has been a worldwide phenomenon, mixing deep storytelling and tough-as-nails combat that tests the limits of every player’s patience and strategic skill.
Over the years, Nintendo and developer Intelligent Systems have released the games on everything from the Game Boy Advance to mobile phones, and most of them have retained what made the series great. We ranked all tactical role-playing Fire Emblem games released in North America, and a clear winner emerged.
- Forget Byleth! These 8 Fire Emblem characters deserve to be in Smash Bros
- The best Nintendo Switch games for 2022
- The 10 best JRPGs of all time developed by Japanese studios
- Build out your game library with GameStop’s video game sale, live now!
- Take advantage of this GameStop trade-in deal and upgrade to a PS5 for less
- The best Android games available right now (October 2022)
- The best iPhone games to play in October 2022: Lord of the Rings and more
- The best PS5 games for 2022