The third and final Borderlands 2 Headhunter DLC pack for 2013, How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day, is due to arrive on December 17 for Mac/PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The $3.99 add-on pack sends Vault Hunters off in pursuit of the Abominable Mister Tinder Snowflake. It seems that the great snowman (pictured above) made off with a shipment of guns belonging to Pandora’s premiere weapons dealer, Marcus. It’s up to you to set things right.
The Headhunter packs carry a lower price than Gearbox Software’s four big packs that were included with the 2012 game’s Season Pass thanks to their more narrow focus. Each pack is effectively a single set of brief missions set in a handful of new environments, all of it culminating in a boss fight that ends with you claiming the downed boss’s head for character customization (hence the “Headhunter” name). There’s no word on whether or not Gearbox is planning more of these packs in 2014, but the fact that we’re still seeing DLC for a late-2012 game is a feat unto itself.
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- The best of the last-gen: Our 50 favorite Xbox 360 games
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Swap between characters in ‘Final Fantasy XV’ with a new update in December
- Obsidian’s ‘Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire’ sails to PC on April 3