The first multiplayer downloadable content pack for the very pretty Crysis 3 is known as “The Lost Island,” Electronic Arts and Crytek announced today. The DLC arrives on June 4 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC with four new maps, two modes (“Frenzy” and “Possession”), and an unspecified number of weapons for Crysis 3‘s multiplayer. The price is $14.99 on PS3/PC and 1,200 MS Points on Xbox 360.
This may be multiplayer-focused DLC, but there’s actually a story wrapped around it: a “mysterious alien presence” has been detected on a small island in the Philippines, and naturally you’ve been deployed to destroy it. There’s no word on what the two new modes involve, but it’s a good bet that this “mysterious alien presence” plays a role.
“The gameplay in the Crysis series has always been deeply connected to the unique environments in which the action takes place,” Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli said in a press release. “By transporting players out of the Liberty Dome and into the Lost Island setting, we’re not only returning to Crysis’ spiritual roots, but also introducing fresh ways to play that provide Crysis 3 fans with genuinely game-changing new tactical options, game modes and weapons.”
- ‘Doom’ Nintendo Switch update finally adds motion controls
- Ubisoft backtracks, won’t drop $40 edition of ‘Rainbow Six Siege’ after all
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ on Xbox One tips and tricks
- ‘Final Fantasy XV’ gets ‘Royal Edition’ complete with first-person mode