Although Bungie, the creator of Halo may have finished the Halo story they wanted to tell, Microsoft is not about to let the franchise die. Along with the (kind of) surprise announcement of Halo 4 in the works, Microsoft is going to re-release the original Halo CE with remastered HD graphics that feature entirely new backgrounds and environments, a co-op option that includes online play, and the original seven multiplayer maps will also head online.
The Halo CE remake will mark the tenth anniversary of the series that may have saved the Xbox. Naturally, the game will be an Xbox 360 exclusive when it is released on November 15.
- Microsoft’s E3 2018 showcase may break from the typical formula
- Ethereal Machines’ Halo takes 3D printing to a new dimension, literally
- Halos’ smart hard drive lets your digital life live outside the cloud
- Get ready, gamers — E3 2018 tickets go on sale to the public February 12
- Wage war on a budget with 10 fun and free first-person shooters for PC and Mac