With GameSpy’s online game hosting service shutting down at the end of May, 2K warned that there will be service interruptions in the online play of some of its legacy titles on Windows PC while the games are migrated over to Valve’s Steamworks.
Starting on May 31, select Borderlands and Civilization releases will temporarily go offline, causing interruptions in online play, matchmaking, and voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Offline play will continue to function as normal. The following titles will experience such interruptions:
- Civilization III
- Civilization III: Conquests
- Civilization III: Play the World
- Civilization IV
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization IV: Colonization
- Civilization IV: Warlords.
Along with this, 2K also announced that it will completely discontinue online support for a number of their legacy titles, the full list of which can be found here.
- Here’s how to track Santa during his busiest night of the year
- Everything you need to know about Nintendo Switch Online
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ out in the wild, director asks for support to stop spoilers
- USPS fixes online flaw that exposed the data of 60 million customers
- The best game-streaming services for 2019