With GameSpy’s online game hosting service shutting down at the end of May, 2K warned that there will be service interruptions in the online play of some of its legacy titles on Windows PC while the games are migrated over to Valve’s Steamworks.
Starting on May 31, select Borderlands and Civilization releases will temporarily go offline, causing interruptions in online play, matchmaking, and voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Offline play will continue to function as normal. The following titles will experience such interruptions:
- Civilization III
- Civilization III: Conquests
- Civilization III: Play the World
- Civilization IV
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization IV: Colonization
- Civilization IV: Warlords.
Along with this, 2K also announced that it will completely discontinue online support for a number of their legacy titles, the full list of which can be found here.
- Paid Nintendo Switch Online service is now planned for September launch
- Binge away with our guide to the best on-demand streaming services
- The Keyport is a modular multitool for your keys and Swiss army knife
- What is Litecoin? Here’s everything you need to know
- The best place to print photos online: Seven top photo labs