Sony celebrated 20 years of PlayStation on December 3, 2014, the anniversary of the original PlayStation console’s release back in 1994. To commemorate the occasion, the company released a limited run of specially designed PlayStation 4 consoles, all gussied up in a nod back to the look of the original machines.
The package includes a PS4, a DualShock 4, and a PlayStation 4 Eye camera, all of them grey. Small, nostalgic flourishes abound throughout the package, from the etched-face button icons on the surface of the console and DualShock 4 touchpad to the original, colorful PlayStation logo, to the fancy box the whole thing ships in.
Take a closer look at the 20th Anniversary PS4 in the photos up top, and check out the unboxing video below to see how the whole thing is packaged. Were you one of the 12,300 people who were lucky enough to nab one of these babies?
- Here are the problems plaguing the PlayStation 4 (and possible solutions)
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- 5 Tips for saving battery life in your PlayStation 4 controller
- How to Install an SSD in a PlayStation 4 or PS4 Pro