The upcoming re-release of Grand Theft Auto 5 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One might feature a first-person gameplay mode. The information comes from an incomplete and subsequently removed support page on the Rockstar Games website that an enterprising Redditor salvaged via Google Cache.
The feature was listed as part of a larger answer to the question of what new features could be expected in the upcoming versions. The first-person mode would apply both while on foot and in vehicles, showing the car interiors with “working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more,” according to the now-removed page.
In addition, the answer promised the expected graphical overhauls and a wealth of new content like easter eggs, random events, and more animals. Players will be able to transfer characters over from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version, and will be rewarded with new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
Rockstar has not yet confirmed or denied the leak, and it’s not likely to prior to any more official infodumps on the coming re-release. Grand Theft Auto 5 returns with a new coat of polish on November 18, 2014 for PS4 and Xbox One, and on January 27, 2015 for PC.
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’: Everything you need to know
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ app leaks details on ‘Red Dead Online,’ Rockstar Editor
- Everything you need to know about ‘Red Dead Online’
- Strategy guide images show off full ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ map
- Will ‘Red Dead Online’ release this week or will it be delayed?