DrinkBox Studios made a helluva game with its sharp-looking, 2013 PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita action-platformer, Guacamelee! It follows a Mexican agave farmer who discovers a magical mask that transforms him into a powerful luchador, conveniently empowering him in time to rescue the kidnapped daughter of El Presidente from an evil skeleton named Carlos Calaca. It’s fun, funny, and infernally challenging (but in an extremely rewarding way). Play it if you haven’t.
What’s that? You don’t have a PS3 or Vita? You can’t play it on your Linux, Mac, or Windows computer (it was released for all of those as well)? Don’t worry! There’s a Super Turbo Championship Edition coming later in 2014 for PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. One way or another, you’ll be able to play. With extra content too, as we learned earlier this week.
Check out these sweet screens, amigos.
- Need a discounted Xbox bundle by Christmas? Walmart has you covered
- Microsoft is reportedly planning an Xbox One without a disc drive for 2019
- Microsoft’s Project Scarlett: Everything we know about the next-gen game consoles
- Consoling players: The Xbox Game Pass program is coming to PC
- The best Xbox One exclusives you can get right now