Read our full Hyrule Warriors review.
Nintendo has announced that a free DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors will add the game’s three main villains as playable characters. Starting on October 16 in Europe (no date has yet been confirmed for North America), you will be able to assume the roles of the dark witch Cia, the dragon knight Volga, and the ring-turned-sorcerer (yes, a ring that turned into a sorcerer) Wizzro, each featuring their own abilities, weapons, and skills.
A post on NeoGAF has provided additional information about the game’s DLC plan, which hits Japan on September 30, from the Tecmo Koei Tokyo Game Show presentation. As an added perk, pre-ordering all of the scheduled DLC packs (Master Quest, Twilight Princess, Majora’s Mask, and Ganon Pack) will net you a bonus Dark Link costume.
Hyrule Warriors takes the massive infantry battles of Tecmo Koei’s Dynasty Warriors series and fills it with the beloved characters of Nintendo’s long-running Zelda franchise. We think it’s a lot of fun, and the planned additions of more characters, maps, and modes will only improve what is already a delightful game.
- ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ beginner’s guide
- New Street Fighter TV show in development from ‘Assassin’s Fist’ web series team
- Warriors coach tweeted message he meant to send privately, and blames iPhone X
- Take on the toughest terrain around with the Rogue Ridge fat tire ebike
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today