The latest update for Sony’s PlayStation 4 exclusive, Infamous: Second Son, doesn’t just fix things, it adds a whole new feature. Photo Mode allows you to capture screenshots with a press of the L3 button – once you’ve turned it on in the game’s options menu. Pressing L3 doesn’t just snap a photo; the game actually pauses and some light editing tools pop up, allowing you to tweak your capped image in a variety of ways.
Photo Mode only works when you’ve got full control of the camera; it’s not active during scripted sequences, such as cutscenes. The update also adds the ability to turn off Second Son‘s in-game HUD.
Other refinements include an option for setting a frame rate cap of 30fps, an auto-pause that activates if your controller runs out of batteries mid-game, and an assortment of other small fixes. You can find the full details in the new post on the PlayStation Blog. You can also take a peek at the new Photo Mode in action in the video below.
- Google Fit hands-on: Bare-bones, but effective
- Here are all the Apple Watches getting updated to WatchOS 5
- The Nixplay Iris might just make digital picture frames cool again
- Firmware update brings Alexa to Bose’s QuietComfort 35 II wireless headphones
- Microsoft confirms Redstone 5 as Windows 10 October 2018 Update