The face scanning technology that uses the PlayStation camera or Kinect to insert your likeness into NBA 2K15, which launched on October 7, is really cool when it works. But is perhaps even more, nightmarishly cool when it screws up.
The system choked on my beard and then froze up before it could finish at our preview, but that’s nothing compared to the monstrosities people have been getting sometimes when the scan does run its course.
These abominations look more like something you would expect in a Silent Hill game than a mainstream basketball franchise. The system will surely be improved in upcoming patches, but until then share your terrifying avatars over at the Dat Facescan Tho tumblr, where they are being compiled. And make sure yo play with the lights on.
- If you’re using iCloud for photos, you’re doing it wrong. Here’s a better way
- With a roof and comfier seats, the Slingshot Grand Touring LE goes the distance
- Big Brown goes green: UPS to build its own electric delivery fleet
- ELAC goes wireless in style with the gorgeous new Argo B51 bookshelf speakers
- Social Feed: Twitter is not kidding, YouTube goes dark, Facebook says game on