A Nintendo Direct livestream on October 23 will run through new details in a list of “50 Must-See Things” relating to the upcoming brawler, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The American and European broadcast will take place on October 23 at 6pm EST.
Creator Masahiro Sakurai has been teasing a single player mode exclusive to the Wii U edition that would be analogous to the 3DS’ exclusive Smash Run mode, so that is a likely candidate for announcement during the broadcast. More unlockable secret characters and trophies are of course also possible.
Super Smash Bros Wii U arrives on November 21, along with the first round of Nintendo’s Skylanders/Disney Infinity-like Amiibo figures, for which Smash Bros. is the first supported game. Watch the October 23 livestream on Nintendo Direct’s website.
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ is coming to Nintendo Switch with the Inklings in tow
- Report names Bandai Namco as the developer behind ‘Metroid Prime 4’
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- Nintendo filed a patent for a curious trading card set that uses Amiibo tech
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year